collapsed loaf

Joel.Ehrlich@salata.com (Joel Ehrlich)
23 Jul 95 10:46:10 -0800
v006.n030.4
ow> I have a Chefmate (Seiko) machine.  I've noticed that my bread rises
ow> very well during the first and second rise cycles.  On the last (third)
ow> cycle, the bread doesn't rise as well and I end up with a smaller,
ow> denser loaf, that sometimes seems to cave in.  Does anyone have any
ow> suggestions for me. (Also, I live at 6600' in elevation.)

ow> Thanks in advance,

ow> Gina

A collapsed loaf (also called a "Crown Loaf") is almost always a sign of
too much liquid. The loaf rises too much and then collapses.

Joel

... I am a professional - I won't even try this at home!