Butter Crust Bread

maybelle <maybelle0101@gmail.com>
Mon, 18 Dec 2017 09:20:56 -0800
v117.n050.2
I think I found this recipe at the King Arthur Flour website long ago.
Makes a really nice loaf of bread.

Butter Crust Bread
Servings: 12

Ingredients:

1 cup warm water
1 tablespoon yeast
1 tablespoon sugar
2 3/4 cups flour
3 tablespoons dried milk
2 tablespoons cold butter, cut into 2 pieces
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons butter, melted

Directions:

Add all ingredients to a food processor bowl EXCEPT the melted butter
and water.

Combine ingredients until well mixed. Add the water until a soft dough
starts to form. Let rest a couple minutes. Process until a soft dough
forms. Take dough out of food processor bowl and knead gently a few
times in a large mixing bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and let rest 10
minutes.  Remove and shape dough into a loaf. Place in a greased
8-inch loaf pan. Cut a 7-inch slash into top of dough. Pour the cooled
melted butter into slash area. Let rise until double.

Preheat oven to 375F. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until golden.
Makes 1 loaf.

Source: King Arthur Flour?

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 1742 Calories; 50g Fat (26.0%
calories from fat); 41g Protein; 279g Carbohydrate; 13g Dietary Fiber;
124mg Cholesterol; 2620mg Sodium. Exchanges: 17 1/2 Grain(Starch); 1/2
Lean Meat; 9 Fat; 1 Other Carbohydrates.

--
Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see.

Mark Twain found at Wikiquote under the Creative Commons 3.0 license.