Coconut Oil Waffles

Joan Ross <butterflyflour@gmail.com>
Thu, 24 Nov 2016 10:47:41 -0500
v116.n044.6
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

I got this off the Net years back and have adapated the recipe to my liking.
...Made this for Thanksgiving breakfast today, but great any time of the year.

*Coconut Oil Waffles*

2 eggs
1 3/4 cup milk (I use skim milk, or enough as needed to make waffle
batter consistency)
1/2 cup extra virgin coconut oil (normally it's liquified at warm
room temperature )
1 tsp vanilla flavor
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 Tbs sugar (can use Splenda for diabetics )
4 tsp baking powder (I prefer to use aluminum free)
1/4 tsp salt

Heat your waffle iron.
Mix dry ingredients together
Mix wet ingredients together
Combine both together to make a waffle batter, adding only extra milk
if need for waffle batter consistency.
Spray iron with cooking oil and add about 3/4 cup batter in center of
waffle iron
Cook till browned and done
Makes 4 large waffles in my waffle maker