Tomato Bread

Joan Ross <butterflyflour@gmail.com>
Wed, 23 Nov 2016 05:20:06 -0500
v116.n044.5
One of my favorite breads to add to my Thanksgiving bread basket. I
love the flavor and color!

* TOMATO BREAD*

2 cups Tomato juice
1/2 cup Tomato sauce
2 Tbs Olive oil
6 1/2 cups Flour
2 pkts Active dry yeast
3 Tbs Brown sugar
1 tsp Salt
3/4 tsp Oregano
1/2 tsp  basil
1/4 tsp Rosemary
1/4 tsp Pepper
2 Cloves crushed garlic

Lightly grease large bowl and two loaf pans with olive oil.
In small saucepan, heat tomato juice, tomato sauce and 2 Tbs olive oil to 120F.
Combine 3 cups flour with yeast and remaining ingredients.
Pour in tomato mixture and beat 3 minutes.
Gradually add remaining flour, mixing by hand, if necessary, until it
holds together enough to turn out on floured surface.
The dough is quite sticky, and you may need to add a little more
flour, being careful not to add too much, or you may have a dry bread.
Knead about 5 minutes, until dough is pliable and place in greased
bowl, cover and let rise 1 hour.
Punch dough down, let rest 15 minutes, then shape into 2 loaves,and
place in prepared pans.
Cover pans and let dough rise 45 minutes or until puffy
Preheat oven to 375F
Bake loaves 10 minutes, then reduce heat to 350F and bake 30-40
minutes longer or tested done. (hollow sound when thumped on the
bottom of loaf)
Yield: 2 loaves
Freezes well