Pizza Dough

Debbie Sultemeier <debbie.sultemeier@gmail.com>
Mon, 6 Jun 2016 09:28:36 -0500
v116.n020.3
Hello.  This is my first attempt to post a recipe so I hope it comes
out ok.  I have been subscribing to the digest for a long time and
really enjoy reading and trying the recipes.

This is a pizza dough that my husband and I use to make pizza almost
every Monday night.  The dough is for a deep dish pizza but we
usually spread it fairly thin on two large round pizza pans.  It also
works out well to make half the recipe.

3 + 1/4 cups AP flour (I have also used part whole wheat or part white wheat)
1 + 1/4 cup warm water
2 tsp yeast
2 tsp sugar (or I use honey or agave nectar)
1/2 cup cornmeal
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup corn oil

I use a Kitchenaid stand mixer for making the dough.  Stir 1/4 cup
flour, 1/4 cup water, yeast and sugar together in the mixer
bowl.  Let the mixture stand for about 15 minutes. Add other
ingredients and mix/knead together. Transfer to a greased bowl and
cover.  I usually let it rise for a few hours on the counter.  Then
my husband takes over with spreading the dough onto large round pizza
pans.  He usually bakes the crust by itself first in a 425F oven
until the crust is lightly browned. Then he adds the toppings and
bakes until the cheese is melted and lightly browned.  This is
usually around 8 minutes for the crust and another 8 minutes with the
toppings but it varies depending on how thick the dough and toppings
are. Let cool for a few minutes and then slice and eat.

--Debbie Sultemeier