Apple Cinnamon Breakfast Muffins

Tue, 09 Jun 2015 15:56:15 -0700
v115.n023.2
* Exported from MasterCook *

                      Muffins, Apple Cinnamon Breakfast

Recipe By     :
Categories    : Bread-Bakers Mailing List       Breads/Muffins/Rolls
                  Nuts

    1 3/4           cups  flour
    1           teaspoon  cinnamon
       1/2      teaspoon  nutmeg
    1           teaspoon  baking soda
       1/2      teaspoon  salt
    1                     egg
       1/2           cup  firmly packed brown sugar
       1/4           cup  white sugar
       1/3           cup  lowfat sour cream
       1/2           cup  applesauce
       1/4           cup  butter
    1           teaspoon  vanilla
    2             medium  apples -- (used Gala), peeled and cored: 1
diced, 1 grated
       1/2           cup  coarsely chopped pecans -- or walnuts

The muffins turned out well. They were not too sweet (which is
perfect for breakfast), and they had a great apple flavor to them.
After making them I realized I had some dried cranberries in the
cupboard. I think adding a half a cup of cranberries to the muffins
would have made a nice harvest muffin for fall.

Preheat the oven to 350F.  Line a standard muffin tin with paper liners.

In a medium bowl combine the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, and salt.

In a large bowl cream the butter, sour cream, and sugars. Add the
applesauce and vanilla and stir until it's well combined. Mix in the egg.

Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients a little at a time
until well combined. Stir in the apples and nuts.

Divide the batter into 12 muffin cups. Bake for 22-25 minutes or
until a toothpick comes out clean.

S(Internet Address):
    "http://www.hezzi-dsbooksandcooks.com/2010/10/apple-nut-muffins.html";

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 219 Calories; 8g Fat (32.0%
calories from fat); 3g Protein; 35g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber;
29mg Cholesterol; 251mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean
Meat; 1/2 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat; 1 Other Carbohydrates.