White Bean Banana Nut Bread

Thu, 15 Aug 2013 20:05:41 -0700
v113.n030.7
* Exported from MasterCook *

                         White Bean Banana Nut Bread

Recipe By     :
Serving Size  : 0     Preparation Time :0:00
Categories    : Beans/Peas/Grains/Legumes       Bread-Bakers Mailing List
                  Breads/Muffins/Rolls            Fruit
                  Nuts

    1 3/4           cups  all-purpose flour -- sifted
    2          teaspoons  baking powder
       1/4      teaspoon  baking soda
       1/2      teaspoon  salt
       1/3      teaspoon  shortening
       2/3           cup  granulated sugar
    2                     eggs -- well-beaten
    1                cup  mashed, ripe bananas -- peeled
    1           teaspoon  vanilla extract
    1                cup  Bush's canned white beans -- pureed, (great
northern or cannellini)
       1/2           cup  chopped pecans -- or walnuts

Preheat the oven to 350F. Sift together dry ingredients - all-purpose
flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Cream shortening and
sugar together. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each
addition add vanilla extract and blend well. Add flour mixture
alternating with bananas and beans, beating well after each addition.
Stir in nuts. Pour into a greased mini loaf pans. I added a few extra
pecans on top. Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick
inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean and the bread is
golden brown. Let cool in pans for 5 minutes then remove to a baking
rack to cool completely. If using a single loaf pan bake for about 60
minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.

Recipe yields 4 small mini loafs or one large loaf (about 16 slices)

Note: To puree the beans add them to a blender with a tablespoon or
two of water. Blend until smooth. I use my blade attachment to my
hand mixer to puree my beans. Store unused beans in a zip lock
freezer bag and store in the freezer.

*Note: I used self rising flour and omitted the baking soda, salt and
baking powder. Self rising flour already has those ingredients added.

Source:
    "mommyskitchen.net"

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 1887 Calories; 54g Fat (25.4%
calories from fat); 40g Protein; 315g Carbohydrate; 10g Dietary
Fiber; 424mg Cholesterol; 2502mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 11 1/2
Grain(Starch); 2 Lean Meat; 9 Fat; 9 Other Carbohydrates.