Re: Hoddeok

Roel Wyman <roel.wyman@utoronto.ca>
Wed, 13 Feb 2013 22:51:16 -0500
v113.n007.2
Ironically, after I sent the Hoddeok recipe link yesterday today, I
walked into a Korean bakery around the corner to buy some stuffed
walnut pastries, and they were baking hoddeok right there! I watched
for a while and found that the procedure was pretty much as described
in the link, except that after they put the dough ball on the grill
(a large flat iron hot grill, rather than a pan, and with very little
oil on it) they put a round spatula-like steel plate on each one to
flatten it lightly while the first side baked. This wasn't repeated
after they were flipped for the second side. They also said there was
peanut in the brown sugar filling, although it was barely noticeable.
Very delicious.

Roel