Recipe software

Corina Gaffney <corinaesq@gmail.com>
Sun, 29 Jan 2012 13:22:27 -0500
v112.n005.4
I thought I'd add my two-cents' worth to the discussion about recipe
software. I happen to love MasterCook for its versatility, as well as
the nutrition information. Furthermore, if you've ever thought about
creating a personalized cookbook of your favorite recipes, most sites
that will create such a cookbook will accept all of your recipes in
MasterCook format, so you don't have to retype them all! I made a
family cookbook a few years ago using the website Tastebook.com, and
the books turned out absolutely beautifully. For those of you to whom
portability is important, you can access your cookbook(s) on
Tastebook.com from anywhere, as it is stored there indefinitely. In
fact, I just recently ordered two more books, and I submitted the
original order over 2 years ago. And if anyone else wants to see your
recipes (and you want to allow them to do so), you can make your
cookbook(s) public. If you don't want anyone to see it, or if you
want to allow access only to certain persons, you can make the
cookbook private and give your login name and password to whomever
you want to see the book. Of course, that also allows them to
potentially edit or delete things, so be careful to whom you give the
password! But they can also order their own copy of your cookbook as
well. As vanity cookbooks go, it's not terribly expensive, and it's
got a hard cover with binder rings, so you can add recipes as you go.
And you can upload your own photos to illustrate the book as well!

By the way, I have no affiliation with either MasterCook or
Tastebook; I am just a satisfied customer of both.

Corina