Kitchenaid 6qt. - One more request

Robert Grossman/Tari Cody <rdgtlc@yahoo.com>
Sat, 14 Jan 2012 13:12:32 -0800 (PST)
v112.n003.7
I have about given up on my KA 6qt. (2005) but going to give it one
more try. I paid to have it repaired, but it still does not work. The
fix-it guy replaced the gears, but I am wondering if the problem
isn't something else. Here's what it does - it will start running,
then clank like it's skipping a gear or two, then if the dough
creates any resistance at all (like pancake batter), the motor keeps
running, but it is very loud, almost whining, and the blade stops turning.

It seems like a gear problem but the fix-it guy insists he fixed it
(but he refused to refund my money or even to try and see what else
might be the problem - he's lost my business). Any suggestions, I
hate to trash the entire thing. I have a meat grinder attachment that
I'd like to keep using. (I bought a Bosch Universal for bread. So far
so good but I'm afraid to try bagels.)

Thanks very much.