Re: Kitchen Aid mixer

<eva@holmesms.com>
Sat, 10 Dec 2011 11:22:46 -0800
v111.n049.2
I know exactly where you are coming from. I have a 600 pro Kitchenaid
also, but it can't handle my whole grain doughs. So this is what I
recommend. Keep your kitchenaide and use it just for your
attachments, that's what I do and about all it's worth doing. I
bought a globe countertop mixer, 8qt, mixer from
everythingkitchens.com (best price and free shipping). Trust me, if
you are a serious home baker, it is well worth the money in the long
run. It will outlast you and the next generation. This unit does not
operate on a rheostat design like all the other mixers (Viking etc),
it has a transmission for its various speeds.  Built like a
rock.  You will end up spending the money in the long run on all
other mixers and by the time you are done- you could have had this
mixer. It has an automatic shut off and timer also which I
love.  After using the globe mixer, my kitchenaide feels like a toy
mixer. My globe mixer does my heavy doughs like it was mixing butter!

Eva