Re: Kitchen Aid mixer

Steph Walker <stephandrob2@verizon.net>
Fri, 09 Dec 2011 23:40:03 -0500
v111.n049.1
Hi Robert,

I had my Kitchen Aid professional mixer serviced three times before I
finally switched to a Viking mixer. I bake bread several times a
week, and the Kitchen Aid just wouldn't stand up to my wetter doughs,
especially the notoriously wet ciabatta. When I called the company
the first time the mixer broke, they told me I shouldn't be mixing
bread dough past speed one on the mixer. Since I find that speed
inadequate for sufficient kneading for most doughs, I continued to
use it as I had been, and I had the mixer serviced another two times
as a result. After the fourth breakdown, I left it on the curb. I
have now been using a Viking mixer for about three years, and I have
not had one problem with it. I was fortunate to have tried out the
Viking at the BEC at King Arthur, and it sealed the deal for me.

Happy baking!
Steph