Recipe Post, Garbage Bread

Georg Robedee <georgrobedee@yahoo.com>
Tue, 15 Nov 2011 06:32:51 -0800 (PST)
v111.n045.4
Garbage Bread (Bread Machine)

This is a recipe I enjoy with my bread machine. It makes one 1.5
pound loaf of bread. I do not bake in the machine.

Dough:
3/4 cup water, plus 2 Tbsp water
2 Tbsp butter
3 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup powdered milk
2 Tbsp sugar
2 tsp yeast

Filling:
1 cup chopped cold cuts
1/2 cup onions
1/2 cup cubed cheese any kind

Fry up ends and pieces of cold cuts from the slicer at the local Deli
with some onions and set aside.

I put my machine on the dough setting, when done, pull it out, let it
"rest", about 5 minutes. Roll a rectangle, spread the deli mixture
starting at one end, and roll the long way, then a small amount of
the deli mixture again, then again until I have the bread rolled
completely. Fold the ends over, place inside the bread tin, allow to
rise in a warm place as usual. Bake at 390 - 425F depending on your
oven for 35 minutes, or until nice and brown. Pull from the oven,
knock on the bottom of the loaf to be sure it is done as you would
any other loaf.

Alterations: You can fill the loaf with anything, you can use
leftover meatballs and sauce, you can use sausage and cheese,
whatever you have in your refrigerator, and it is fun to make.

Georg Robedee
If I have forgotten to remind you to have a wonderful life, please do.