small grain grinder (coffee grinder)

lobo <lobo119@bresnan.net>
Sun, 09 Jan 2011 13:44:34 -0700
v111.n002.3
I bake 4 loaves of bread about every 3 weeks, so I do not need to
grind very much whole grain.  I was using a small coffee grinder
until it started to  break and leave small bits of plastic in the flour.

I recently bought a Black and Decker coffee grinder, model CBM210
(stainless steel burr mill) and it works well.  It's fairly easy to
clean and has settings from fine to coarse.  It's about twice as big
as my old Cafemill grinder (which has a footprint about the size of a
coffee cup), but not so much bigger as to be a storage problem.  So
far, it's done well with wheat, spelt, flax and barley.  It's not
good with soybeans ... gets clogged up, probably due to moisture in the beans.

Just thought I'd pass this on if anyone else is interested in small
grinding capability.

Lois