Whole wheat bread with...

Kathleen <kmschuller@comcast.net>
Sat, 12 Dec 2009 05:07:44 -0500
v109.n046.3
Yesterday I brought the bread to a dinner party.  When I offered it
was suggested that I bring a small loaf since there would be just
four people.  I planned to bake something from the Bread Bakers
Apprentice, as I've started to make all the breads from that book,
however, I still had whole wheat sandwich dough in a bucket from
Healthy Bread in Five Minutes which needed to be baked.

I was trying to think of doing something a little different with that
dough and decided to swirl the loaf with toasted walnuts and small
pieces crystallized ginger.  My husband was a little apprehensive
about the ginger, so I didn't use much, but the loaf turned out very
nice and it could have used more ginger.  The flavors worked very
well together.

BTW:  my bucket of hbin5 made 13 3-ounce sandwich rolls and one
8x4-inch loaf of bread.  It is the first recipe that I've tried in that book.

The url for the Bread Baker's Apprentice Challenge, which I think has
been mentioned here before:

http://pinchmysalt.com/the-bba-challenge/

The url for Healthy Bread in 5 Minutes:

http://www.artisanbreadinfive.com/