Re: Lavash

"Werner Gansz" <wwgansz@madriver.com>
Mon, 16 Nov 2009 07:46:56 -0500
v109.n042.2
I've made the Reinhart recipe for Lavash several times.  The dough
does have to be very thin.  I found the best way to roll it out is in
a pasta machine, gradually working the thickness down to the minimum,
(#7 on my machine).  It is not a very sticky dough but if it is too
thick the lavash will turn out tough.  Occasionally, one of the
sheets of Lavash will "pita" into a bubble so it helps to stick the
lavash dough sheets all over with a fork just before baking.  Brush
with egg wash and sprinkle on toppings before sticking them with the
fork.  Favorite toppings: sesame seeds, poppy seeds, multi-seed
mixtures for bakers, grated parmesan cheese, coarse salt.

Werner