sharing recipes

Linda C <chasebusiness@sbcglobal.net>
Sat, 27 Dec 2008 21:55:04 -0800 (PST)
v109.n001.21
http://www.recipezaar.com/Dresdner-Stollen-Christstollen-342518
http://germanfood.about.com/od/baking/r/weihstollen.htm

I'm sure there are tricks to making it that are passed down from
generation to generation.  I can see women sitting in the kitchen
together, older women teaching the younger, as the Bible teaches us.

I have a friend who never wanted to share a particular recipe with
anyone... or any of her special recipes.  She said she'd worked too
hard to get the perfect recipe and anyone who wanted to cook well
needed to put in the same effort.  But... she decided to give this
particular recipe to me... Funny thing is, I'd already found the
exact recipe on the internet and made it well. "Nothing new under the sun."

Since then, my dear friend has realized that I can share wonderful
things with her that took me much time to learn and others in our
'circle' are sharing other wonderful things with her, too.  So she is
loosening up and we are all working together to "eat and drink and
enjoy the good in all our labors".

No judgement, just a thought.