Re: Stand mixers, etc.

D L Reynolds <reynolds@semicool.com>
Sat, 27 Dec 2008 16:03:42 -0500
v109.n001.18
Just a note to thank all of you who have contributed to the
discussion of stand mixers. I've learned a lot and I'm leaning toward
the Bosch Universal Plus. I've been pleased to see that I'm not the
only one who is dissatisfied with the KitchenAid (which I expected to
adore). And thank you to Diane Purkiss for describing the KitchenAid
as "a useless fashion item." Perfect!

And re: "Authentic Dresdner Christstollen" -- Please, either share
fully or not at all.

While it's a little late for fruitcake recipes, the recipe for dark
fruitcake in the Fanny Farmer Baking Book is worth a look. All the
fruit contained therein is recognizable as fruit: apricots, dates,
figs, prunes, golden raisins, currents, etc. My 70-year-old neighbor
said it is as good as the fruitcake his Italian grandmother used to
bake. High praise indeed.

Wishing all a happy, healthy, and prosperous New Year.

Donna Reynolds
Woolwell Farm