YES! Freeze wheat!

"Vickilynn H" <realfoodliving@gmail.com>
Sat, 18 Oct 2008 10:31:38 -0400
v108.n039.3
Shalom,

If you buy your grains in the paper sacks, YES!, Freezing wheat for at least
72 hours is a good way to kill larvae that is present. If you've ever had
grain moths ruin your grain, you will take this precaution. Freezing grain
is simple and it works. You let it come to room temperature and make sure it
is not moist with condensation before placing the grain in a clean bucket
and a tight lid. THEN you can store it at room temp.

Another option is to treat the grain with dry ice before sealing. We do this
as well if we buy more than we can freeze. Pour the grain from the bags into
the buckets with dry ice on the bottom and a sheet of parchment (or a paper
plate) over the dry ice. Then seal with one corner loose. You will "burp"
out the displaced oxygen for the next 4 hours or so. When it's all gone,
tightly seal the lid. This will safely store grains for years.

I encourage people to take precautions because dumping grain into a bucket
and slapping a Gamma lid on. This will NOT prevent grain moth larvae from
maturing and ruining your grain investment. Please take some time and
research how to store grains from people that have done it for decades.

~~In Messiah Yeshua,
Vickilynn Haycraft
Micah 6:8
http://www.realfoodliving.com