Re: Electrolux Assistent

"Lorraine Hartley" <spuse@comcast.net>
Mon, 15 Oct 2007 18:44:52 -0500
v107.n029.3
I have an Electrolux Assistent and having tried a few times to use
the dough hook gave up on it completely and always use the plastic
roller/scraper parts instead.  I generally start off with the roller
about 3/4 of the way in towards the center of the bowl and then as I
gradually add more flour (you DID add your flour gradually, right??)
loosen the arm so that that it's either completely "free" and
rotating towards the edge of the bowl or mostly but not quite there.

When I got my machine I had been told that even though it might
appear that only the bowl was turning and the dough not mixing not to
worry about it, just so long as my flour was fully incorporated of
course.  I thought that that sounded ridiculous but for whatever
reason it seems to work anyway.  I have granite counters (i.e.
they're quite smooth and slippery) and routinely stand my machine
about an inch or two from the edge of the counter and have never had
it budge at all.