Re: cleaning

aqn@panix.com
Mon, 9 Jul 2007 20:17:13 -0400 (EDT)
v107.n023.16
I have a few "tips" (I think they're tips!):

1.  I do kneading, folding etc. in a rimmed cookie sheet, so the
cleaning is confined to cleaning the cookie sheet, instead of a
(bigger) work surface. If I really need to handle dough on a big
surface, I do it on a glass table top.  To clean either the cookie
sheet or the glass table top, I use a dough scraper to scrape up
dried/stuck bits of dough first.

2.  I use the same one bowl (my Kitchen-Aid's bowl) for pre-mix,
overnight pre-fermenting, proofing etc.

3.  I soak the bowl, the dough scraper, etc. and then use a rubber
spatula to "scrape" bits of dough off of them before washing them.  I
imagine the same procedure can apply to other utensils...

Andy Nguyen