Whole Wheat Cinnamon Raisin or Onion Bagels

"Vickilynn H" <realfoodliving@gmail.com>
Sat, 2 Jun 2007 21:48:55 -0400
v107.n019.2
Shalom Y'all!

Today I made 30 bagels. Cinnamon Raisin and Onion bagels from the
adapted bagel recipe.

This is from The Bread Baker's Apprentice book:
(page 122)

"Grace Note ~ Cinnamon Raisin Bagels"
"For cinnamon raisin bagels, increase the yeast in the final dough to
1 teaspoon and add 1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon and 5 tablespoons
[sucanat] to the final dough."

"Rinse 2 cups loosely packed [organic] raisins with warm water to
wash off surface sugar, acid and natural wild yeast. Add the raisins
during the final 2 minutes of mixing. Proceed as directed, but do not
top the bagels with any garnishes. When the bagels come out of the
oven and are still hot, you can brush the tops with melted butter and
dip them in cinnamon sugar, to create a cinnamon-sugar crust, if desired."

I followed the directions and also added 1/2 teaspoon organic vanilla extract.

Each bagel weighed 6 oz. I boiled them 2 minutes on each side and
baked them 6 minutes on each rack. They came out perfectly.

For the Onion Bagels, I added 1/3 cup chopped onion to the final
dough. Next time I think I'll make it 1/2 cup. I did not put a topping on them.

~~In Messiah,
Vickilynn
Micah 6:8