Old dough and No Knead

<saria@charter.net>
Mon, 29 Jan 2007 2:13:11 -0800
v107.n005.1
Using old dough to impart flavor to fresh dough is nothing new.  Here
is what I did with the no knead recipe:
Each time I dumped the dough out of its fermentation container (an 8
cup Pyrex measuring pitcher), some of the dough stuck to the sides
and bottom of the pitcher.  I began leaving the "old dough" in the
pitcher and immediately mixed up another batch, starting with the
water.  I used the water to break up the old dough and then
added  flour, salt, and yeast.  The flavor of the bread improves with
each new batch.  I haven't tried refrigerating or freezing old dough
for this purpose.