That "No Knead Bread"

Tarheel_Boy@webtv.net (Tarheel Boy)
Mon, 11 Dec 2006 08:47:34 -0500
v106.n047.2
Hi, guys.  Happy holidays to all of you.  I want to comment on two
things about that "no knead bread":  Julie wrote that because she has
made this bread twice so far, she feels can stop trying other
artisanal type breads. Not me, Julie.  Part of my joy in baking is
that I can try all sorts of recipes.  Some work and some don't, but I
could never limit myself to just one.  Carolyn submitted Mark
Bittman's follow-up article on "no knead bread" wherein he states the
instant yeast, called for in the recipe, is also called rapid-rise
yeast.  Au contraire, Marky baby. There is a big difference between
these two types of yeast.  Personally, I never use that rapid-rise stuff.

Happy baking in 2007, gang.

Bob the Tarheel Baker