no-knead with whole wheat

"Karen Mays-Wolke" <kmayswolke@earthlink.net>
Sun, 26 Nov 2006 19:37:47 -0800
v106.n046.14
I have tried the 'no-knead' bread from the NY Times recipe with a
combination of King Arthur's 'white' whole wheat flour and some whole
wheat flour I ground from wheat berries.  The flavor was fantastic
and the texture was just as good as the loaf I earlier tried witih
white flour.  I am used to spending hours of time making our bread
from sourdough starter with lots of time involved feeding the
starter, going through the several steps involved in sourdough bread,
and lots of kneading.  I may never go back as this bread
was  wonderful. Has anyone tried adding sourdough starter to this bread?

Karen in very very rainy Oregon  (but rainy days are great for bread-baking)