New York Times - No Knead Bread

"Cindy DeCesare" <cindyde@gmail.com>
Sun, 26 Nov 2006 21:31:33 -0600
v106.n046.13
------=_Part_60075_9825718.1164598293615

I need advice!

On Thanksgiving (what was I thinking), I thought I would try the New
York Times recipe for No Knead bread.  I watched the video and
printed out Rose Levy Beranbaum's recipe for the bread.  Everything
looked fine as I was ready to place the dough into the very hot La
Cruset pan, then the dough stuck to the floured towel......which
wasn't my biggest problem.  When the bread was finished baking, I
couldn't get it out of the pan!  It was stuck fast.  It was over
cooked, some of the edges were blackened.   When it finally was
removed, the bottom stayed in the pan.  I tasted the middle, but the
rest ended up in the garbage.  I believe I should have followed
Rose's suggestion of a 450 degree oven.  Since the pan is heated in a
500 F oven, greasing the pan is out of the question.  How would the
bread not stick?

Did any of you have a similar problem?  I'd so appreciate any advice,
since I want to try this recipe again.

My thanks,
Cindy

PS - We were not bread-less on Thanksgiving, fortunately the
buttermilk rolls and spinach roll came out just fine.