Re: rolls do not rise

Will <williamwaller@charter.net>
Sun, 27 Aug 2006 08:21:15 -0500
v106.n035.5
Katie wrote:

>I recently moved into a new home and have been having trouble making
>one of my tried and true dinner roll recipes. Because the kitchen is
>large and is open to the family room, it is hard to have a warm
>kitchen without drafts.  My rolls do not rise like they used to in
>my previous house...

I solved this problem for about $20. Went to WalMart, though a number
of places would do, bought a variable temp. heating pad, $17, and a
RubberMaid storage box $4. Chipped a small hole for the electric with
a box cutter blade, about 5 minutes work. Be sure your box selection
fits your various baking setups: baskets, sheet pans, etc... Place a
clean damp sponge it there, load it it up. Works great. And, best of
all... is predictable. Dough rises on schedule.

Will