Cuisinart ABM

Judi Boniface <herkimergenealogy@yahoo.com>
Sun, 30 Jul 2006 05:25:27 -0700 (PDT)
v106.n031.3
I bought the Cuisinart last summer and have been really pleased with
it.  First it was a Zoji, then a Regal and now this one.  My recipes
tend not to be too exotic: rye, anise seed, hawaiian, sandwich breads or
just the dough cycle and I found that the cycle #2 which they say is
a rapid cycle (2:45) works well for almost everything.  It has a beep
to remove the paddle from the pan, added ingredients, and when
finished. It seems to be very heavy and well built, doesn't travel
around the counter. The loaves are a tall and loaf shaped, I've only
made the 1 1/2 pound recipe because they come out so tall.  If I get
carried away with the yeast the bread doesn't fit in the toaster!

Another bonus is that the replacement parts are CHEAP! A pan is $20
and the paddles are $3 and it comes with a 3 yr warranty.  I've
already had them replace the pan because the shaft the paddle sits on
got really stuck a few times.

The only one drawback is that it is a little noisy, the motor sounds
very heavy duty.

Hope this helps.

Judi