Hurrah!

"Mary Fisher" <mary.fisher@zetnet.co.uk>
Sun, 25 Jun 2006 17:54:19 +0100
v106.n026.4
Last night we celebrated the first firing of our stone-built bread
oven with a Build Your Own Pizza party.

It was an ideal project for its first use, we couldn't light it until
late afternoon because of when guests arrived so it wasn't hot enough
for bread. Starting with the four year old we rolled dough I'd made
the day before, assembled various ingredients from a table in the
garden, loaded them in the hot, fiercely glowing cavity one by one so
that we had two cooking at any one time and scoffed them immediately
they were removed. They took only minutes and were perfect. Wonderful!

The hens were under our feet all the time, pecking at crumbs.

It rained but we had a canvas  cover over us.

The champagne corks were drilled this morning to fit over steel rods
supporting the tomatoes.

Oh bliss! Spouse never believed it would work although he put so much
effort into building the oven (at my instigation), even he now agrees
that it was well worth doing :-

Mary