Re: Taking bread dough on an airplane

Joe Tilman <mrtilman@yahoo.com>
Mon, 12 Jun 2006 08:07:11 -0700 (PDT)
v106.n024.6
>Does anyone have any experience with taking raw bread dough on an airplane?

No, but I have taken a cooler.  Call the airline about their
particular needs, usually it will need to be opened for inspection,
and the TSA folks will wind some "inspected tape" around it. All that
is assuming you are checking the cooler -- you can get the lunch size
coolers for carry on, I see lots of folks do that, but never done it
myself.  Certainly big enough for a couple pounds of dough.  Heck,
some of the soft-side ones can go inside your carry-on luggage.

Anyway, make the dough and refrigerate it at least 8 hours ahead
(possibly even freeze it) and blue ice should suffice.

Another option would to be to go to a local bakery or pizza place in
IND and ask them if they might sell you some dough.

Joe