Dangers of Hooch

"mike fuller" <mikesbread@gmail.com>
Sun, 16 Apr 2006 09:00:29 -0400
v106.n017.3
Bob and Mary have been engaged in a fascinating dialogue on the
dangers of drinking hooch.

Well, if you consider aphrodisiacs a danger, then sourdough hooch is
almost lethal.

It is a commonly known fact that in the real story behind the two
cowboys in a popular current film routinely drank naturally leavened
bread hooch together in the mountains whenever they ran out of
whiskey. One thing led to another and they ended up rustling more
than cattle. In their case a beautiful relationship was created, but
it could just as easily backfire.

The intricate culture of bread baking has so many curious
manifestations like this that I never tire of learning.

But it is important to remember that the power of our craft must
always be used for good things.

Baked love,
Mike in Havana