having bread ready in time

FREDERICKA COHEN <cohenfs@prodigy.net>
Sun, 19 Mar 2006 19:59:32 -0800 (PST)
v106.n012.4
Long ago I discovered that any thing I could make or do ahead of
time, I made or did.

That's what you do when you have 5 children less than 7 years!

That's why I bake my breads early in the week and freeze. You could
take it out Friday morning and let it defrost (in its wrapper) during the day.

A warming early evening will give the flavor and aroma of fresh made bread.

You could also freeze the shaped  bread before the second rise.(Make
early in week)  Then let it thaw slowly in fridge from Thursday night
till you get home.

By the time the oven is properly heated ( 30 minutes)'the bread can go in.

Why don't you experiment with thawing times ? Just don't do it when
special guests are coming!

Fredericka Cohen