RE: Recipes by weight

"Allen Cohn" <allen@cohnzone.com>
Sun, 19 Mar 2006 19:39:04 -0800
v106.n012.3
Hi Ron,

The only one I know of is www.cooksillustrated.com which is the
parent of www.americastestkitchen.com. Measuring by weight (mass) is
such a better way to measure that Cook's Illustrated now presents all
their recipes that way.

In addition, I've assembled a list of "average" volume-to-weight
conversions that work well for me (even though there's no
guaranteeing that a particular recipe's author measured, say, cocoa
powder quite the same way...). This allows me to do most any recipe
using my scale instead of measuring cups.

Anyone who wants my summary, please contact me offlist and I'll
e-mail it to you.

Allen

PS: I'd encourage you to learn about those percentages. They definitely lead
to more consistent, dependable results. And all the professionals use
them, so it makes you part of the club! For a free tutorial, check out:

http://www.artisanbakers.com/percentage.html