Help with Glezer's sour dough challah

"adam tenner" <a10er@yahoo.com>
Sun, 5 Feb 2006 07:47:34 -0500
v106.n005.1
Hi all,

Wondering if anyone is familiar with Maggie Glezer's "My Sourdough
Recipe."  Maggie, maybe you're even on the list.  Anyhow, I'm a very
experienced challah maker, but this is my first try doing it with sourdough.

The sourdough starter was no problem. I have both a white and whole
wheat active 'chefs' which I have used for a long time.  My first
problem was that the amount of flour in the recipe; the recipe seemed
to ask for too little. I needed to add nearly a cup more than what
she called for.  The second problem was just that I got very little rise.

Any ideas?

-Adam Tenner