RE: Sandwich Bread Problem

RisaG <radiorlg@yahoo.com>
Wed, 25 Jan 2006 14:10:14 -0800 (PST)
v106.n004.10
I have this bread called Kathy's Sandwich Bread. I've been making it
for years in my ABM. I've never had a problem until recently.

Here is the recipe - remember it's for an ABM

3/4 cup lukewarm water, or more
2 tbsp garlic oil
1 egg, lightly beaten
1.5 tbsp sugar
3/4 tsp salt
2 cups bread flour
2.5 tbsp dried milk
2 tsp enhancer
1 tsp SAF yeast, or 2 tsp active dry

Put ingredients in pan according to manufacturers' directions (mine
says liquid first, dry next, yeast last). Light crust, 1 lb loaf.

Anyway, the problem is that when I cut into the loaf the slices fall
apart. They are not particularly dry. The first slice is usually
fine. It's the 2nd or 3rd slices - as I get into the middle of the
loaf that I have a problem with.

Why is this happening? I've never had this problem before. I've been
making this bread for years. I got the recipe from another bread list.

Any suggestions would be wonderful.

RisaG

Risa's Food Service
http://www.geocities.com/radiorlg