Re: Mixing procedure question

"Barrie J. Lax" <barlax@synapse.net>
Tue, 29 Nov 2005 11:42:53 -0500
v105.n049.9
Lobo's remarks made me laugh. Years ago (more than I care to
remember) I used to follow recipes to the letter, particularly
'baking' recipes, be they cakes or breads. I then got fed up and
began simplifying, Big Surprise, little changed, in fact the end
result was sometimes better!

I agree. I wonder just what some recipe composers have in mind other
than to make the recipe look more complicated than need be and
different perhaps from the 'mother' recipe it was drawn from. Perhaps
also it makes them feel more professional when including extra steps
and compelling detail. I am a simplifier by nature, simply don't have
time to spend on long or involved recipes. If they really intrigue
me, I start off by cutting them to the bone and working up from there
if need be. All bread type recipes I run in my Zo or Cuisinart, no
matter how involved the original. All actual baking however I do in the oven.

Follow your logic Mr. Lobo, be you apple or wolf, and more power to you.

bar.

Barrie J. Lax
Ottawa, Ontario
Canada