Perfectly Easy Dinner Rolls

"Dave & Jeni" <stoneset@bellsouth.net>
Sat, 21 May 2005 01:17:15 -0400
v105.n022.4
I have been a lurker for some time now and have learned a great deal from
y'all. I wanted to share a recipe I got in the mail from one of those
places that want you to buy recipe cards over a long period of time. (Never
seem to get any good free ones, but this time I did) It is called Perfectly
Easy Dinner Rolls and can be made up to 4 days in advance of when you want
to bake them. The longer they are in the fridge, the better they seem to
get. Kind of a tangy, yeasty taste like O'Charley's restaurants.

These directions are taken directly from the card., I made them for
Thanksgiving and we ate every single one and there were only 8 of us for
dinner!!

Perfectly Easy Dinner Rolls

1 cup warm water (105 to 115 F)
2 pkgs active dry yeast
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
1/2 cup sugar
3 eggs
1 tsp salt
4 - 4 1/2 cups unbleached, all-purpose flour
Additional melted butter

Combine the warm water and yeast in a large bowl. let the mixture stand
until yeast is foamy, about 5 minutes.

Stir in butter, sugar, eggs and salt.

Beat in flour, 1 cup at a time, until dough is too stiff to mix. (some
flour may not be needed)

Cover and refrigerate 2 hours or up to 4 days.

Grease a 13 x 9 inch baking pan. Turn the chilled dough out onto a lightly
floured board. Divide dough into 24 equal size pieces.

Roll each piece into a smooth round ball: place in even rows in the
prepared pan. Cover and let dough balls rise until doubled in volume, about
1 hour.

Preheat oven to 375 F

Bake until rolls are golden brown, 15 - 20 minutes. Brush warm rolls with
melted butter, if desired.

Break roll apart to serve.

Makes 2 dozen rolls

Jeni from Atlanta