Cheap proofing box!

Will Waller <williamwaller@charter.net>
Thu, 16 Dec 2004 13:43:59 -0600
v104.n055.13
Now that the cold winter months are upon us, I needed a warmer proofing
environment for our bread and roll habit. I found the GE 18 qt. Countertop
roaster oven (at Wal-Mart for $28) was perfect for the task. The
temperature control lets you run at about 90 F. and the porcelain tank
handles the cup or so of water needed to keep things damp. No covering of
dough is necessary.

The size is perfect for two or three standard loaf pans or one small sheet
pan. My junior chef (13 year old) shapes and proofs our dinner rolls now on
a regular basis when he gets home from school.

Will