Looking for Gugelhoph Recipe

"hghaynes" <hghaynes@comcast.net>
Sat, 11 Dec 2004 19:33:35 -0800
v104.n055.12
I was using a translation program on the 'net for a recipe for
Gugelhoph.  I don't think this program is use to translating recipes but I
thought you might enjoy the translation, especially the fermenting
instruction.  Anyway I'm still looking for a recipe for it (is it a bread
or a cake?)

Gugelhoph recipe translation:

Gugelhoph (German Budi'n)

1000 g flour
200 g  sugar
150 g  eggs
15 g   fine salt
650 cc milk
50 g   leavening MAURI GOLD
15 g   Ralladura de Limo'n
220 g  Margarina MTK
220 g  You Pass of Grape

To grease with MTK and to enharinar a mold type savarin or flanera; to
place almonds in the inferior part, as a floor.
To dissolve the leavening in milk and soon to add the rest of the
ingredients except you happen of grape.
To knead and to leave in rest during 20 minutes (first leudado).
To return to knead and soon to leave in rest during 20 minutes more (second
leudado).
To add you happen of grape, to mix well and to place in the mold.
To let ferment until mold arrives on the brink of madness.
Hornear to 180 degrees during 40 minutes approximately.
To retire of the mold, to let cool and to add the sauce of orange already
prepared

Holly
Save old recipes and memories by visiting http://www.heritagerecipes.com

[[Editor's notes: Our research turned up a gugelhoph recipe at cooks.com
which is a poundcake recipe. Changing the spelling to gugelhopf finds many
more, such as
<http://www.globalgourmet.com/food/holiday/pageant/sweets/gugelhopf.html>,
which is a bundt cake. We also found Holly's recipe - it's at
<http://www.mundopan.com.ar/Recetas/recetas%20G.htm>.  We added the title
and ingredient list to her post.  It looks like the Argentines have made it
into a sweet bread - it reminds us of Mexican pan dulce.]]