Freezing dough

RisaG <radiorlg@yahoo.com>
Sun, 17 Oct 2004 04:51:44 -0700 (PDT)
v104.n046.11
Someone asked what to do with freezing dough? How to handle it?

I form breads all the time and then freeze the dough. I remove it from the
freezer, let the dough come to room temperature and then form the shape and
let it rise again. Then I bake it. Works quite well.

In fact, I did that for one of my bubble loaves for next weeks party. I
made the dough, let it rise, and then I broke it into the balls and then
froze the balls. This week I will thaw them out, get them to room
temperature, fill them with the magical garlic mixture, and then bake them
in the wonderful loaf that they make. I did that as an experiment to see if
that works. I've done it before for rolls but never for my loaf. We'll see
what happens. I'll post the results.

Otherwise I bake loaves and then cool them, freeze them, and then they are
used as needed. I have 2 full loaves, already baked, in the freezer ready
to go. Can't wait to thaw those dough balls and see what happens.

Further notes on this to come.

RisaG