Corn beer Rye Bread

"Dick Carlton" <carlton@wave.net>
Mon, 13 Sep 2004 18:15:02 -0700
v104.n041.1
The last time I was in the Co-Op in Arcata, CA I was looking over the
breads they sell, made right in the store. I noticed a small round loaf
like a large dinner roll so bought it to munch on during the 100 mile trip
home. It had a crunchy crust and a chewy interior and somewhat dark in
color. Never have I tasted a more delicious bread. I was so impressed that
I phoned them the next day and described what I had bought, hoping to learn
enough so I could make it myself. The person I talked to said it sounded
like their "corn beer rye". I have checked all of my bread recipe books and
those at out local library but found nothing that sounded like what I had
eaten. Does anyone know of a recipe that contains such ingredients? I would
appreciate any ideas you have.

Thank you,
Dick Carlton
Brookings, OR