For RedFreckle

"Regina Rectanus" <smfarm@bellsouth.net>
Sat, 11 Sep 2004 15:03:29 -0600
v104.n040.3
I have found the Tupperware Bread Keeper to be just fine for storing bread
made in a bread machine.  It is tall enough to accommodate the size of most
bread machine loaves (mine is a Breadman Ultimate).  It has a nice square
'trivet' for the bread to sit on so that condensation doesn't form and
cause the bread to mold.  Incidentally, that trivetfor the bottom is not to
be mistaken for a slicing board.  It is intended to give air circulation
around the loaf of bread.  The bread keeper is a sturdy plastic see through
type with a lid that snaps down tightly but is still removable for thorough
cleaning  after the bread is all eaten.  I live in Southern Palm Beach
County, FL  where the weather even with air conditioning can be very humid.
The bread keeps well and if I think we are not going to use it up in a
reasonable time, I bag it with a Ziploc freezer bag and store it in the
freezer.  .

Also, for a good loaf of 100% whole wheat bread, try the recipe on the back
of the King Arthur Whole Wheat Flour bag.  The only amendment I made was to
add an additional tablespoon. of flour to the amount listed and 1 rounded
T. of Vital Wheat Gluten which is not listed but works wonders in producing
a nice light whole wheat loaf.  The recipe follows:

Classic 100% Whole Wheat Bread

1 1/3 C.   Water
1/4   C.   Nonfat dried milk
1/4   C.   Vegetable Oil
1     T.   Vital Wheat Gluten (rounded tablespoon)
1/4   C.   Honey, molasses or maple syrup
1 1/4 tsp. Salt
3 1/2 C.   King Arthur Traditional Whole Wheat Flour
plus 1 rounded Tablespoon flour when checking the kneading progress.

For Bread Machine:

Assemble ingredients in the order suggested for your bread machine.  Allow
the dough to complete its cycle and bake or program for Dough.  Remove and
shape into one large or two smaller loaves. Cover with lightly greased
plastic wrap. Allow bread to rise for about 1 hour or until dough is about
1 inch above pan.  Bake in a preheated 350 F oven for 40 minutes.