Bags for Bread/Rye Bread Condensation

"Kathie Jones" <kathiejones@comcast.net>
Sat, 10 Jan 2004 11:11:49 -0500
v104.n005.3
>Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 08:12:02 -0500
>
>I like to sprinkle some salt on the top of my rye breads before
>baking.  Even after cooling several hours I get condensation inside the
>bag when storing.  I thought paper bag storage would be the solution, but
>I find only coated paper bags available (and seldom even those).
>Suggestions please.  That leads to the question of paper bags for
>bread.  Any thoughts about using them?  If that is a good idea, where do I
>find them?
>
>Jim Neuman

If you cannot find the bags you are looking for through a bakery supply
source, or through a restaurant supply house, why not make muslin bags for
your bread? Muslin is the least expensive of any material available, and if
you can sew or have a friend/relative/friend's relative, etc., the sewing
of a bag would take only about 2 minutes each. You can custom size them,
put a draw string tie in the top and voila! Bread bags. :oD

Kathie
Forest Hill, Maryland