Waffle Recipe sans egg whites

"Regina Rectanus" <smfarm@bellsouth.net>
Mon, 5 Jan 2004 20:18:11 -0600
v104.n003.12
I've used this recipe for years and it makes light waffles without beating
whites and is great for pancakes too:

Ben's Pancakes or Waffles

1 1/4  C.     Flour
1      T.     Baking Powder
1      T.     Sugar
1/2    tsp.   Salt
1      C.     Milk
2      T.     melted shortening  or Crisco Oil
1             Egg

Sift dry ingredients.  Mix milk, egg and shortening in bowl and stir into
dry ingredients until just blended.  Bake on a hot griddle (I find an
electric griddle has a better controlled temperature) and turns out 7
wonderful pancakes, more than enough for two or just enough for three persons.

To make Waffles:

Increase the amount of milk by a small amount of milk - maybe two or three
tablespoons and blend thoroughly.  Makes 3 or 4 waffles, depending on the
size of your waffle maker.

Received this recipe from a friend who was a doctor and an excellent
cook.  This was his breakfast specialty when we came to visit.