Waffles for the BIL

Bev <retiredtaxlady@direcway.com>
Mon, 05 Jan 2004 06:47:44 -0600
v104.n003.6
With great respect for all bone-idle-lazy methods of getting work done,
here are 2 waffle recipes that require no beaten egg whites.  Personally I
have never eaten a waffle (am I deprived?), but you can be the judge of the
recipes. From following your postings for several years, Jazzbell, I'm
confident you can evaluate a recipe just by looking at it.

Bev C

Recipe for the famous waffles served every day at The Norwegian Church:
Ingredients:
3 eggs
3 tbs sugar
250 ml whipping cream
500 ml milk
1/2 tsp cardamom
1 tsp baking powder
400 g plain flour

Method:
Beat the eggs and sugar together. Mix all the dry ingredients. Add the
flour mixture and milk/cream to the egg alternately to make a thick batter.
Cook in a waffle iron.

Serve fresh with creme fraiche or clotted cream and/or jam of your choice,
or just plain if you count calories!

###################################

Old Fashioned Waffle Recipe

one pint of flour
one pint buttermilk
one teaspoon salt
one tablespoon melted lard

Mix ingredients and beat till perfectly smooth-beat hard and long, for
success will depend on it. Just before you put in the irons add one level
teaspoon of soda dissolved in a teaspoon of hot water.

Heat the waffle iron, turn and heat on the other side, then oil thoroughly.
Put a tablespoon of batter in each compartment; then cover and it will soon
fill the iron. Turn at once. With a new iron, oil carefully or waffles will
stick.

Posted by existentialmoo on October 03, 2003 11:44 AM in Breakfast_Dishes