Different Flours

"renzo_ri" <renzo_ri@cox.net>
Sun, 28 Dec 2003 09:13:16 -0500
v104.n001.8
Eric,
I get all my flours from a bakery supply company, so it is always in 50 lb
bags. I keep it in commercial-sized food saver containers purchased from a
restaurant supply company.  It is great fun to experiment with different
flours and a range of protein.  The best part of it is that I have never
paid more than $12 for a 50 lb bag of flour, so the cost of this hobby is
minimal. The SAF yeast is also very inexpensive--under $6 for 1/2 kilo.
Some of the flours I have tried and liked are:

1. Bouncer [from Bay State Milling] 14.7% protein. http://www.bsm.com/

2. Harvest King [from General Mills] 11.3-12.3% protein. (my favorite)
http://www.generalmills.com/gmflour/flour.asp?type=Eharvestking

3. Sir Galahad (14%) and King Arthur Special (12.7%) [from King Arthur].
http://www.kingarthurflour.com/

4. Miller's Choice (13%), Dakota Maid (13.2%) and Dakota Champion (terrific
oven spring) [from North Dakota Mill]
https://www.ndmill.com/ndmill/mill/bakery.htm

Hope this helps.
renzo