Commercial Flour -- What to buy?

Eric and Johanna Bakken <eric@thebakkens.net>
Mon, 15 Dec 2003 22:07:33 -0500
v103.n053.19
I've decided, after several years of baking for my family, several loaves a
week, that the way to really learn baking is to buy a big bag of flour and
bake it all--more than my family could ever eat (enjoying the sharing of
the bread as much as baking, I'm sure), and working my way through the many
techniques that Peter writes about.  I work at a camp and can order through
two major food distributors--US Foodservice and Sysco.

I'm wondering what kind of flour I should ask for if I'm buying big 50 lb
sacks.

I do want unbleached, but beyond that, are their better brands/designations
that others?

Thanks,
Eric Bakken