RE: Making Pizza Crusts for the Freezer

"Tom Spillman" <tspillman@att.net>
Sat, 13 Dec 2003 06:04:28 -0600
v103.n053.3
In bread-bakers.v103.n052
>From: "Schmitt, Barbara E." <BSchmitt@goulstonstorrs.com>
>Subject: Making Pizza Crusts for the Freezer
>Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 09:22:50 -0500

>I know the purists on the list will be horrified at the shape of the pizza
>and the fact that I bake it on parchment, but it works well for me and
>gives us take-out quick pizza that tastes a lot better.  Best of all, I
>consistently get a crust that is uniformly thick, transfers easily from
>counter to oven to cooling rack, and fits well into freezer bags.  My
>husband has banned "bought" pizza ever since the first of Peter's recipes
>that I tested on him!

Sounds good.

I wouldn't be concerned about the purists complaints about the shape.  When
we were in Italy we saw many non-round pizzas, particularly in Rome.  Many
cafes served pizza and the only round pizzas we saw there were those made
for an individual.  Most slices were square.

As to the parchment paper, I too have used it with success.

I believe in a pragmatic approach:  if it works, do it!

Regards...

Tom