some answers and comments

"herblady" <herblady@netnitco.net>
Sun, 30 Nov 2003 21:29:23 -0600
v103.n051.7
Anne wrote:
"I just received an order of Nevada Gold yeast from King Arthur. This is
the first time I have used this product. When the package arrived, it had a
beginning date and an expiration date. There are only four more months
until the package expires."

And Lobo replied:
"I keep my yeast in the refrigerator and have used it past expiration
dates.  My friend used to freeze her sourdough starter.  Why not try
keeping it in the freezer and see what happens?"

Now I'll add my 2 cents worth.  I went to a KA demo here this fall and I
asked them about storing their flour. They replied that if I keep it in
freezer, it will keep indefinitely.  One demonstrator stated that they had
some in the bottom of the freezer for 2 years.  Same way with yeast.

About the KA mixers, my hubby is a small appliance repairman and says the
newer ones are "a piece of s**t.."  And as far as Cuisinart products are,
you need to contact them about service. The average person can't get parts
for those foreign companies. His suppliers can't get the parts for him either.

gram/ruth