mixers

gcgourmet <gcgourmet@pipeline1.com>
Sun, 30 Nov 2003 19:11:39 -0800
v103.n051.4
Howdy,
After all the talk over the last few years about the pros and cons of
various mixers, I went and bought a new one. I had owned an old Kitchen
Aid/Hobart K5A, but it was worn out when I got it and would barely get
through kneading a small batch when it became too hot to touch. My mom has
owned a Bosch Universal for the last 15 or more years and swears by it. So
I bought one (used on Ebay). It does indeed work great, but I have been
very disappointed with the way it mixes and kneads dough. Sooo, I bought a
brand-new 10 quart Thunderbird mixer. Yes, it is a small commercial mixer,
comes with a 5 year warranty (better than a new Hobart), and may be a bit
more than I need for capacity reasons (for now). Quite a deal at $850.00
(compared to a similar sized Hobart).

Now, has anyone else had any experience with Thunderbirds, of any capacity?
It's too late for me to back out of this, but so far, I'm happy with it.
Only problems are that it weighs about 75 lbs and takes a lot of counter space.

Dan
Ephrata, WA